A CHRISTMAS LIST
by: jupiterhime, stolen from lostinhersong
- Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ(( *--or DA). The post should contain your list of 5 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Harry/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Surf around your friends list (or friend’s friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
- You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not - it's your call.
- There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
*A laptop. Preferably pink. I *really* want the Sony Vaio one that's in Cosmopolitan Pink, but I *HIGHLY* doubt that my parents would get it for me since it's so expensive. T-T
*My Fashion Bug card taken care of. T-T
*For one of the places that I applied for the call me back about a full-time job. (I want to get the HELL out of Wendy's. I'm so sick of the bullshit and broken promises.)
*A new mirror for my driver's side; including a matching paint job.
*Work done on my car; power steering fluid/flush/whatever it was, and whatever else needed.
*A Christmas card from a friend.
*A new winter coat. I've been wearing the same trenchcoat for 8+ years now, and it's not really made for below 50. So I'm always cold if I don't wear a hoodie underneath or a sweater; which sucks 'cause then the arms are REALLY tight. T-T I'm eyeballing two different coats on JCPenney.com, but I can't decide.
*To find my favorite knit black hat (In my car??). It was AWESOME during the winter; I could pull it down over my ears, and it had enough room that I could wear my hair up in Hairagami and still cover it.
*These pink rose earrings: http://www.zulumoon.com/details.asp?ProductCode=P-013633
*To see Michi and Ruka (sometime); whether I drove or took Greyhound.
*A pair of the UGG Adirondack boots in BLACK, size 11.